Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Megan's Decade: 2004

In 2004 I was finally being exposed to more film than I ever had in my life and because of school and a great cinematic year my film appreciation expanded exponentially. I love being able to watch a big budget blockbuster, an indie hit or even a tiny, no budget film and being able to appreciate them all for their uniqueness and craftsmanship.

EuroTrip: I knwo this is a silly movie, a teen comedy in the style of National Lampoons. But nothing you can say can make me love it less. Matt Damon makes an amazing cameo and steals the film’s opening. Also, remember “Scotty doesn’t know.” If you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you should rent the movie.

Garden State: I saw this film in the theatre, mainly because of Scrubs and I fell in love. Zach Braff proved he’s as good of a director as he is an actor. This film is the definition of the quarter-life crisis. I think I identified with this movie then and will be able to love it my entire life.

The Machinist: This is the movie Christian Bale went down to about 100 pounds for & was a living skeleton. His commitment to this part is what enabled this film and the world of cinema is better for it. I was astounded by this film; it is a unique vision and fascinating to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgot about Eurotrip, haven't seen it in some time.