Monday, December 14, 2009

Megan's Decade: 2003

I don't know if I have a lot of films that moved me in 2003, and I think part of why might be this was a huge transition in my life. I started film school. I always had a great film vocabulary, but that year I spent more time watching films for class and working two jobs than I did at the theatre. I'm sure if I try I could come up with a few more, but as these two movies are what immediately popped to mind I know they are the films that I'll remember from 2003 for years to come.

Elf: “I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.” It took me a long time to see Elf but I am so glad I did. Not only do I love Jon Favreau as a director, but I truly think that Buddy will be one of the classic characters that’s remembered from this decade.

Seabiscuit: I don’t own this movie, but I should. This movie will stick with me forever. It’s the only time I’ve been in the theatre and seen an audience cheer at a race happening onscreen the way you would actually cheer if you were there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For awhile I thought that Seabiscuit was going to become the new Shawshank with how many times they showed it on TV but I can't deny its a good film.