Monday, February 9, 2009

Suggestions Please

It has recently come to pass that I have much more time in my schedule. Me being me this mostly means that I am watching a lot more movies. I will be catching up on as many of the Oscar nominated movies as I can (I watched The Visitor last night), I just got The Player from netflix, and I'm Not There, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes and M are among the many films on my playlist.

I enjoy watching movies. I enjoy reading about movies (which is why I have a stack of Film Comment, Film Int, and DGA Quarterly by my TV). I enjoy movies. I've seen more than most people I know have, and have heard of or know about even more than I've seen.

All that being said I'd like some suggestions. What movies should I add to my netflix?

4 comments:

Adam said...

Here are some ideas:

Hannah and Her Sisters
Millions
Kieslowski's Three Colors Trilogy (Blue, White, and Red)
La Vie En Rose
Gran Torino
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Dark City
Traffic
The Fall
Lars and the Real Girl
The Savages
21 Grams
The Painted Veil
Before Sunrise
The Constant Gardener

There's more where that came from too. Just let me know if you'd like more info about any of these films.

Anonymous said...

Pretty much anything current, it would be nice to hear someone's take on what's in theaters aside from my friends and some media critic trying to make a name for themselves by creating a snarky review.

Megan said...

I actually have some of that up Senor at my other blog: http://www.directorisin.blogspot.com.

Adam I saw Gran Torino & loved it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I will check that out.