Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Fun Again!

I haven't posted in a while. But I've been here none the less. I'm just in ninja mode!

I just want to pop in and say, "THE MOVIES FINALLY ROCK AGAIN!" I don't know if it's the return of favorite characters, such as Rocky, John McClain, and yes, even JASON . . . but once again, going to the movies is a ride! And it's not just more of the same either. These icons (no - that's not good enough) . . . These LEGENDS have been reinvented, and they have a new edge that makes the classic elements new and fresh.

It's like Hollywood remembered what used to rock, and they decided to get back to basics. It is so exciting. There are so many movies that I want to see, and I just can't come close to pulling it off. But every one I see, I'm left wanting more. I'm begging for sequels!

I'm not one to get into all the award shows. In fact, if you feel like your current award show isn't making the right choices, just get some people together and create your own. Somewhere, out there, people are waiting for your award show to be created, just so they can watch it. The point is . . . I could care less what the snobby critics think. Especially in a year like this past one for film. There are too many choices to pick just one.

So I say, do what I do during the superbowl . . . GO TO THE MOVIES!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which begs the question....

Where's the nominees for the 1st annual Filmninja awards? ; )

FilmNinja said...

that's easy . . .

DARK KNIGHT - across the board

But I'd have categories like:

Best Superhero FILM of the Year!
Best Movie of all TIME!
STILL LAUGHING ON THE FLOOR!
Made me JUMP out of my seat and CHEER!
COOLEST Character of the YEAR!
HOTTEST Character of the YEAR!
FUNNIEST Character of the YEAR!
Biggest Tear Jerker Moment!
BEST ACTION SEQUENCE EVER!

I think it would be cool if there were awards that were treated like HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

Anonymous said...

Go for it, man! Next time you get a chance, put your entries up here.