Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/1/2013

Happy New Year. 

I'm particularly glad to have escaped 2012. It's funny. The most obvious sentiment to express is one that 2013 will have great things in store, but that seems too obvious. As arbitrary as a flipping of the calendar is, I suppose that I'll take any inspiration I can get to re-focus on goals both personal and professional. 

There's no rest for the weary, 'cause 2013's starting with a bang! That's right, I'm headed back to Park City! I've got a badge for the Slamdance Film Festival and will mostly covering their lineup, though I'm working on a few angles that might get me into a Sundance screening or two. I'll be there from the start of the Festival(s) until Monday (1/21). I had a great experience last year, and had been very disappointed at the (all-too-real) prospect of not being able to make the trip this year. Fortunately, things worked out at the eleventh hour. Needless to say, I'm very excited! We'll see how many films I can squeeze into a short period of time, though I've got to say that I'm particularly excited to have the chance to see friends of mine from around the country. 

Each year tends to move me in different directions than I'd intended, and I'm sure that this one will be no exception. I've got a few ideas as to where I'd like to take the site over the next 12 months. In particular, I've been struck by how little the site reflects my love of certain films and filmmakers. While my focus has been on reviewing contemporary films, I'd like to change that a bit and take the time to share a bit more of what I'm most passionate about. 

Thank you so much for your support of Things I Know About The Movies in 2012. That anyone would take the time to read something I've written is something I do not take for granted, particularly given how saturated the web is with film content. As always, I welcome your comments, and would love to hear from you if there's something in particular you'd like to see on the site. 

Here's to you. 

-Adam

1 comment:

Christina said...

It's always al pleasure to see your take on things. I vote for reviews of movies, past or present, that you are passionate about. It was fun when I let you have access to my Netflix account. Something along those lines.