Sunday, January 1, 2012

1/1/2012

Happy New Year. For me, 2011 was a strange bird, filled with incredibly lofty highs and terribly harsh lows. As always, I look forward to the chance, however arbitrary the waypoint, to start afresh.

2012 promises great things! In only a few short weeks, I'll be bringing you live coverage of both the Sundance Film Festival and Slamdance Film Festival direct from Park City, Utah. I'm so excited! Also, keep an eye out for my list of 2011's best films, as well as a special feature on one of the past year's most thought-provoking films.

I'm hoping to take the site in some new directions this year, and look forward to the opportunity to tell you about them in greater detail.

I'm very thankful for your support of Things I Know About The Movies over the last year. That a single person would take time out of a busy schedule to read something that I've written, particularly with millions of other options to choose from, isn't something I take for granted, and I'm sincerely grateful.

This isn't your typical site, and I recognize that. While other blogs are certainly more prolific, my commitment (to providing first-rate, first-person pieces on films that matter) remains the same. I have no desire to post subpar content just for the sake of posting content, and hope that you'll pardon my quiet stretches (which I hope to reduce!) to that end. If there's anything you'd like to see on the site, please don't hesitate to let me know.

More than anything, I enter the new year with a renewed commitment to cherish the special people in my life, because, more than anything, they're what make it worth living at all. I hope that you feel the same way.

Mazel tov!

-Adam

P.S. If you see something you like, don't forget to comment or share!

No comments: