Thursday, April 8, 2010

Say Huh?


Everybody likes an old movie
Originally uploaded by ƒreg
I’m not sure if it was a rumor or a real news break that hit yesterday but it came out that Bill Condon will direct Breaking Dawn, the final two film end to the Twilight Saga. If this had been announced on April 1st I would have assumed it was a joke.

Bill Condon of Dreamgirls, Kinsey, Gods & Monsters & Chicago to direct the overblown, anti-clamactic ending to a badly made franchise???

I think I’m just going to keep saying it until It sounds possible.

Bill Condon may direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon will possibly direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon is directing Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon might direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon may direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn.

Nope…not sounding possible yet. Well, at least the Gus Van Sant or Sophia Coppola rumor died.

3 comments:

Adam said...

WOW. At least that one might end up being somewhat interesting. . . but I won't hold my breath.

That's just a incredibly strange pairing. Between that and the Brad Bird/M:I 4 rumor, this has been a strange week.

Megan said...

See the Brad Bird wasn't as strange to me because he's been talking about wanting to try his hand at a live action film...but Bill Condon...

Chris W said...

A couple of things. First, Bill Condon didn't direct CHICAGO, that was Rob Marshall and he's directing the next PIRATES movie which is also a little strange but makes a little more sense. I doubt Condon will make BREAKING DAWN that interesting but he is also a writer so it'd be nice if he stepped in took over the scripting chores as well. I know Megan feels the same way as me when I say the one that intrigues me the most is ECLIPSE because it's directed by a very talented horror / thriller director. As Megan has pointed out we've yet to see any real footage so does that mean he maybe made a real horror / thriller type movie and the studio is frightened they're going to scare off the fans. Finally I can't tell you how much I hope Brad Bird directs M:I4. Think about THE INCREDIBLES and then imagine those sensiblities in a live action MISSION IMPOSSIBLE film!