Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome/Intro

Welcome to Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Film. This blog is dedicated to the cinema, the thing that has become the great passion of both my life and the other contributor's lives. We'd like to use this blog to talk about movies in depth, and hope that you'll find what we write interesting, informative, and entertaining.

As for me and my qualifications, I went to film school at California State University, Fullerton. By trade, I am a screenwriter. I've been a fan of the movies ever since I can coherently remember things. I first began writing about film in high school as a movie critic for the school newspaper. After high school, my movie reviews have been restricted to facebook and my other blog, Visions of Johanna. I spent my last semester at CSUF as an intern for the Newport Beach Film Festival, where I answered phones to talk to irate/talkative/nice/not-so-nice people, initiated calls to filmmakers all over the country/world, watched (far too many) short film programs for technical errors, assisted with planning the festival's daily time schedule, took tickets, checked wristbands, answered questions, moved tables and skylights, (do you have any idea how heavy those are???) introduced short film programs, conducted Q & A sessions with filmmakers, attended after parties, shipped movies back to filmmakers, and, on the last day, attended one showing of one movie . . . ah, sweet success. My favorite types of films usually involve well-developed characters and excellent dialogue. I suppose that one of my mottos could be this: I'd rather see an explosive moment between two people on screen than endless waves of exploding cars/planes/buildings/aliens. My influences include Joel and Ethan Coen, Woody Allen, Clint Eastwood, Steven Spielberg, and Robert Altman.

Thanks for reading and here's to the movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out your other blog when I get the chance, I'm glad you gave me the link to this one early on so I can get caught up quicker.